Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux & Spa
2-5 Place de la Comédie, Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
Check availability as rates may vary for dates. Best rate guaranteed.
If you were measuring strictly by the number of quality hotels, you might conclude that the city of Bordeaux is little more than a backwater. For a city of a million, it’s a bit short on noteworthy hospitality experiences — which is why the re-opening of the city-center Grand Hôtel, just across from the Grand Théâtre, is such a big deal. This 18th-century grande dame is back in fighting trim, after a redesign at the hands of the well-known Parisian interior designer Jacques Garcia.
Garcia’s theatrical, historically conscious style is a good fit for a place like the Grand, which mixes modern elegance with classic decadence in generous helpings. The bedrooms are decidedly old-fashioned in style, but with an edge of contemporary glamour that makes them a lot more appealing than the garden-variety French antique hotel room.
In typical grand hotel style the Grand features a fine-dining restaurant by the celebrated French chef Stéphane Carrade (a protégé of Alain Ducasse), a separate brasserie, and a cocktail bar. This last is named the Victor Bar, after two Victors: Victor Hugo, the writer, and Victor Louis, the architect responsible for Bordeaux’s Grand Théâtre. And with the opening of the hotel’s spa, the Grand Hôtel is once again Bordeaux’s de facto luxury hotel standard.
Please note: Le Pressoir D’argent, the hotel’s fine-dining restaurant, will be closed until May of 2015.
- Complimentary upgrade upon hotel check-in, based upon availability
- Guaranteed 4pm check-out
- Guaranteed noon early check-in
- One glass of Bordeaux wine per person at the hotel Bar (Victor Bar), per stay. Maximum 2 per room.
- *Please note that reservations booked at the non refundable 'Save the Date' rate will not be eligible to receive Tablet Plus benefits
- 130 Rooms
- Style: Contemporary Classic
- Atmosphere: Lively
- 10 Guest Reviews
- Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux & Spa
- 2-5 Place de la Comédie
- Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
Hotel amenities and services
- 24 hour concierge
- 24 hour front desk
- 24 hour room service
- Babysitting (on request)
- Beauty salon
- Central air conditioning
- Free wi-fi
- Golf nearby
- Luggage storage
- Multi-lingual staff
- Pets allowed (charges apply)
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Shopping area nearby
- Turkish bath
- Valet parking (charges apply)
- Wake-up service