Via dei Servi 40, XENICA Srl, Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Check availability as rates may vary for dates. Best rate guaranteed.
In the foreigner’s mind, Florence strains under the weight of so much history that it’s sometimes difficult to remember that it’s the 21st century there too. It’s not all Renaissance architecture and crumbling frescoes — modern life goes on there, just like anywhere else, and contemporary small hotels like the Residence Hilda operate alongside the grand old-fashioned five-stars.
And it isn’t just in terms of design that the Hilda is the polar opposite of the grand hotels. This place hardly feels like a hotel at all — with just twelve suites, no public spaces to speak of, and the kind of minimal service that keeps to the background, it’s for the low-maintenance traveler, the sort who doesn’t need constant looking after.
Occupying a converted apartment building on a side street just north of the Duomo, the Hilda is improbably well-located for sightseers, shoppers, and business travelers alike. Suites are handsome, modern, with contemporary designer furnishings and a calming cream palette. Windows, looking out over the picturesque red rooftops of the city, are double-glazed to keep out the street noise. Fully equipped kitchens are standard, but cooking is by no means obligatory — any number of restaurants lie within walking (or delivery) distance.
- Complimentary upgrade upon hotel check-in, based upon availability
- Daily complimentary breakfast per guest (max two guests; a value of €8.50 per person per day)
- Free use of DVD player and extensive DVD library during stay (a value of €5 per day)
- Welcome gift upon arrival (prosecco, red wine, fruits, etc.) depending on availability and season
- 12 Rooms
- Style: Modern Design
- Atmosphere: Lively
- 52 Guest Reviews
- Residence Hilda
- Via dei Servi 40, XENICA Srl
- Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Hotel amenities and services
- 24 hour concierge
- 24 hour medical assistance
- Babysitting (on request)
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Central air conditioning
- Free wi-fi
- Luggage storage
- Multi-lingual staff
- Pet Friendly
- Room service
- Self service parking (charges apply)
- Spa treatments (on request)
- Wake-up service