work with us
Ten years on, Tablet is still growing fast, and for that we credit three things: a mission with resonance, a lot of hard work, and — perhaps most important — an extremely talented team. Our New York office doubled in size in 2011, and we’re not done expanding yet. We’re looking for extraordinary talent wherever we can find it: not only in New York but in Europe, Asia and South America as well. Bring your skills, your hunger and a willingness to grow with an ever-changing company.
Life at Tablet
We’re a diverse bunch, from Brooklynites to Berliners to Brazilians and beyond. All of us share a passion for travel, a complicated love-hate relationship with the color orange, and a commitment to doing the hard work it takes to shake up a massive and slow-moving industry. Our workplace is casual but our attitude is anything but; whether you’re a writer, a marketer, an artist or an engineer, Tablet offers the chance to exercise your skills at the highest level.
Our brand is built on authenticity and a healthy dose of irreverence, but balanced, at all times, by consistency and discipline. The first two keep us from being boring, while the last two keep us from losing our focus. We know there’s more to life than travel — but at the same time, we recognize that an extraordinary travel experience has the potential to touch just about every aspect of our lives.
Tablet currently operates from offices in four countries: our head office is in New York City at Union Square, and we have representative offices in Paris, London and Tokyo. We are establishing further representation in Mexico City, São Paulo, Italy and Germany.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee discounts in the world’s best hotels
- Employee & family health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with matching company contributions
- Health care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Structured performance appraisal and career development
- Annual bonuses based on individual and company-wide performance
- Open and fast-moving work environment
We currently have openings in the following departments:
Our developers constantly challenge one another to improve their craft. We mean this seriously. To thrive in our environment you’ll need to be smart, capable and independent, with a hunger for autonomy and for the responsibility that comes with it. We hire developers with great long-term potential and then enable them to achieve it. You’ll spend your days using the flexibility of UNIX to produce simple solutions to complex business problems. The dress code is casual, the floor plan is open, and the upside is unlimited.
Lead Mobile Developer - NYC
As the lead developer for Tablet's new mobile development team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end development of Tablet's native mobile apps for a range of mobile devices, as well as the ongoing implementation of the mobile web booking process launching this year.
Mobile is the present of Tablet and the most fundamental part of its future. Already more than a quarter of Tablet's customers use a mobile device - primarily an iPad - when looking at TabletHotels.com. Yet, Tablet does not have any UX developed specifically for mobile devices. Are we late to the party? Yes. Too late? Absolutely not. We've been preparing to jump in with the benefit of using and analyzing countless early mobile experiments. In this fast evolving environment and with your leadership, we will go straight to the latest generation.
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- Strong programming skills in Objective-C
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc)
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Experience on web service integration (REST, JSON)
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with product managers/user experience architects/developers to conceptualize, and prototype products
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of Information Architecture, User Experience and Content Strategy
- Must have published examples of mobile applications on the App store
Senior UX Designer - NYC
Essentially, the UX Designer acts as an advocate for our clients, ensuring all our designs are useful, easy-to-use, desirable and meet each client’s initial goals. The candidate will use his/her creativity and strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate business and user goals into interaction and design solutions.
The ideal candidate designs for the Outcomes and not Outputs.
We want someone who has prior experience in the full cycle of a product: from conceptualization, user journeys, persona goals, rapid prototypes, validate concepts with users through usability testing and learn to iterate to continually improve the product. Advancing through this process involves both working independently and closely collaborating with clients, visual designers and development teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in web and mobile application user experience design
- The ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly and express them in a simple way
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative usability testing
- The flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities
- The ability to help define success metrics for every project
- Collaborative mind-set to work directly with Front and Back-end Engineers
- Experience in developing effective and impactful deliverables including (but not limited to) low and high fidelity wireframes, storyboards, requirements documents, use cases, site maps, flow diagrams and taxonomy
- Broad knowledge of business, technology and design strategies, tools, techniques and trends
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A genuine interest in user experience trends and best practices
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or a related field, or comparable experience designing commercial software products
- An eye for detail and accuracy
Good to Have
- Agile experience
- Experience in E-commerce
- Passion for Travel
UX Developer - NYC
Are you a creative thinker who has a passion to build new products for all mediums and devices? Do you obsess over the details of how an interaction element pans out? Do you enjoy collaborating with designers and coming up with optimal technical solutions, while matching their fine skills?
Tablet is looking for you, our newest UX Developer to join the Product team.
Skills and Experience Necessary for this Role
- Excellent HTML, XHTML, CSS programming skills
- Experience in emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in web service integration (JSON, XML)
- Experience in Responsive Mobile design with a Mobile-First approach in design
- Methods to ensure accessibility, and methods for degrading gracefully for older browsers and displays
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- File compression techniques for improving speed
- Experience working with version control systems such as SVN
- Collaborate with our Product Managers on design ideas
- Work directly with the product team to implement A/B tests
- Experience in Agile Product Development Methodologies
Good to Have
- Experience in designing User Experience wireframes and Userflows
- Basic knowledge of Python
QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER (PYTHON/SELENIUM) - NYC
- Automate the QA testing of our product
- Ensure product quality
- Locate and report bugs in test and production environments
- Reduce testing times without loss of coverage
- Create and maintain use cases and test cases for features
- Programming or testing automation experience (Python and Selenium)
- Web savvy
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good sense of humor
Good to Have
- Familiarity with multiple browsers
- Strong taste in web design
SEM & PPC Manager - NYC
We're seeking an SEM & PPC Manager for a full-time position in our New York City office. This person will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing a profitable paid search strategy across our Search Engine Marketing channels both domestically and internationally, including Google AdWords, Bing, Yahoo and Yandex. This person will also manage our pay-per-click advertising through metasearch channels such as Kayak, Trivago and TripAdvisor.
This role offers a great opportunity to drive measurable growth within a fast-paced and innovative travel company. Applicants should be motivated, analytical, internet-savvy individuals passionate about digital marketing and travel. Because we are an international website, you must have the ability to problem solve and tackle a wide variety of tasks and issues.
- Analyze and optimize all Tablet SEM campaigns for maximum ROI with a view towards finding new opportunities, generating growth and lowering unnecessary cost.
- Regularly research keyword opportunities, including ad group and campaign specific keyword negatives.
- Work Closely with our SEO Manager, to ensure a holistic search strategy.
- Conduct measurable A/B tests on ad copy/landing pages with the goal of increasing conversion.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices and developments in paid search, implementing those changes most-likely to result in profitable conversion.
- Identify potential conversion issues tied to rates and availability within Tablet’s paid search programs and work with internal stakeholders to resolve.
- Maintain relationships with our advertising partners to ensure Tablet has the most optimal placement, meaninful returns and proper access to any relevant betas and new features.
- Look at hotel-specific performance on metasearch engines and decide how to best allocate our PPC spend.
- Expand beyond search distribution to effectively run campaigns on Demand-Side Platforms, CPC networks and retargeting networks.
- Keep track of and analyze our competitors and the competitive landscape as a whole.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years SEM experience is a must
- Highly-proficient with Google Analytics, Google Adwords & Bing Paid Search Platforms
- A proven reputation of driving measurable results through digital marketing programs.
- Detail-oriented and great with numbers
- Data-driven and analytical with the ability to identify key trends
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel
- Understands SEO, Social Media and conversion optimization
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Works well independently and with a team
- Bachelor's degree required
- We're not looking to hire an agency.
- Please take the time in your cover letter to explain why you'd make a good fit for Tablet. Resumes without a cover letter will be ignored.