work with us
We're building an all-star team at Tablet, based around an employee-first approach — simply put, we want Tablet to be a great place to work. We've grown exponentially, our business has grown more complex, and it's agile, fast-moving talent that will ensure we remain on the path to growth. You'll be a good fit if you're self-directed, self-motivated, and you do better work when you're trusted with a healthy amount of freedom and flexibility.
Our brand is built on authenticity and a healthy dose of irreverence, but balanced, at all times, by consistency and discipline. The first two keep us from being boring, while the last two keep us from losing our focus. We know there’s more to life than travel — but at the same time, we recognize that an extraordinary travel experience has the potential to touch just about every aspect of our lives.
Tablet currently operates from offices in four countries: our head office is in New York City at Union Square, and we have representative offices in Paris, London and Tokyo. We are establishing further representation in Mexico City, São Paulo, Italy and Germany.
We currently have openings in the following departments:
No recruiters, please.
We do not work with 3rd parties for placement.
Our developers constantly challenge one another to improve their craft. We mean this seriously. To thrive in our environment you’ll need to be smart, capable and independent, with a hunger for autonomy and for the responsibility that comes with it. We hire developers with great long-term potential and then enable them to achieve it. You’ll spend your days using the flexibility of UNIX to produce simple solutions to complex business problems. The dress code is casual, the floor plan is open, and the upside is unlimited.
Backend Engineer Lead - NYC
As a technical lead you’ll partner with our Head of Technology in developing our technology, people, and processes that keep a team of seventeen cohesive as it scales. We’re tackling a third party integration which will more than double our inventory and it requires our SOA become fully distributed, an elimination of technical debt, cloud migration, and frontend redesign.
Between programming you’ll spearhead architectural discussions, mentor, and be accountable to a small team of backend engineers who appreciate elegantly simple solutions to complex problems. Leveraging your experience and intuition, you’ll present inventive solutions and acquire the necessary buy-in from your team through thoughtful discourse to meet demands of a rapidly evolving product experiencing an influx of traffic and users.
- Expertise in Python
- Experience creating sensible database schemas with SQL
- Understanding of modern web services and SOA
- Knowledge of testing and continuous integration
- Familiarity with command-line Unix (we’re running FreeBSD)
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis
FRONTEND ENGINEER - NYC
Our Frontend team of three is focused on building an entirely new app while navigating a seasoned codebase. As a frontend engineer you’ll redesign internals, architect apps, and decide what technology to use. We’re a flat team offering ownership, autonomy, and personal collaboration (design, development, project management, head of technology) throughout the organization.
We’re tackling a third party integration which will more than double our inventory and requires a frontend redesign, cleaning of technical debt and depreciated code (overhauling pages with React.js), revised login authentication (we’ll be using JSON Web Tokens), development of a comprehensive frontend testing suite (we’re leaning toward Jest.js), and replacement of our internal publishing system.
- HTML/CSS, SASS/LESS
- Experience with an object-oriented scripting language like python
- Experience with responsive design
- Bash, Git
- 3+ year in a frontend or related role
- Experience with testing frameworks like Mocha+Chai.js
- Experience building interfaces with React.js
- Experience with JSON Web Tokens
- Participation in UX and an eye for design
- Familiarity with accessibility
LEAD IOS DEVELOPER - NYC
As a technical lead you’ll work closely with our Head of Technology and cofounders (product and design) in executing Tablet’s first native mobile experience. Our ecommerce app is developed and the next phase requires architecting and building a social platform allowing users to create content. In addition to building the social platform, you’ll become familiar with our existing code base (25% Objective-C, 75% Swift) and architecture which has many moving pieces due to complex business rules (recommendations/personalization, targeted pricing, occupancy pricing, Last Minute Tablet rates).
Tablet relies on our mobile expert to offer input on and develop new product features, prototype ideas, and explore the latest trends in mobile technology. You'll collaborate with our team of backend engineers to design API requirements. You'll be intimately involved with full cycle development including requirements analysis, estimating, architecture design, implementation, testing and release.
- Expertise in iOS software development with Objective-C and Swift
- Background in developing design-focused applications
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with network-based applications
- Experience with CocoaPods, AFNetworking, CoreData and concurrency programming
- Experience in unit testing, automated testing and continuous integration
- Basic computer science knowledge in algorithms and data structures
Product Manager - NYC
We’re looking for a travel savvy Product Manager to help define, guide, and drive Tablet’s product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate on product strategy, prioritize features, coordinate product schedules with engineers, designers, project manager and management
- Inform product decisions with data on user behavior and experimentation; User testing
- Define methods and identify metrics of success/failure
- 5+ years experience building consumer-facing, web-based products
- Strong grasp of technical concepts (can you explain what an API is?)
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Mobile and ecommerce product building experience
- Familiarity with web metrics
ACQUISITION MARKETING MANAGER - NYC
Reporting to the Head of Acquisition, this Manager will oversee direct marketing and customer acquisition tactics across all channels. This person will be driven by business metrics, especially ROI, to deliver traffic, bookings, membership sales, and new customers to Tablet hotels through the successful execution of innovative and robust marketing campaigns.
This position requires the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, translating vision to execution across all channels, including Natural & Paid Search, Meta Search Engines, Display Advertising, Affiliates, Partnerships, and Social Media. This individual will have expertise in direct response and brand marketing, preferably in an eCommerce environment or ad agency, as well as a passion for travel.
- Identify strategic partnerships, new technologies, digital marketing trends, and testing opportunities that help drive the business
- Execute setup and measurement including project management for technical requirements, briefing creative
- Monitor ROI for all campaigns, produce weekly reporting, and optimize to improve performance
- 4+ years’ experience in a direct response marketing role, with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing, brand marketing, & analytics
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Robust quantitative skills– demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving and deliver recommendations
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic
- Excellent presentation, project management, and communication skills
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record
ADMIN & FINANCE
COLLECTIONS CLERK - NYC
Tablet’s surge in bookings has posed heightened demands on our Accounts Group which is tasked with commissions collections from our selected hotel partners scattered around the world. Reporting to the Collections Manager, our Collections Clerk will become the primary point of contact for our hotel partners, personally shepherding them through the payment process. Focused on collections, the role requires a mastery of our cashflow and collections processes in order to eloquently offer solutions, build rapport, and influence our hotel partners.
- At least 2 years experience in a Customer Service or Collections related role
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) for daily email and phone communication with hotel partner accounting teams
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills in solving partner payment issues, collection from delinquent partners, and continual development of Tablet’s process
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy in tracking and reporting payments in Excel and high-volume accounts receivable data entry
- Basic mathematical concepts for account balancing
Nice to Have:
- Travel industry experience
- Experience with Mac operating systems