work with us
We're building an all-star team at Tablet, based around an employee-first approach — simply put, we want Tablet to be a great place to work. We've grown exponentially, our business has grown more complex, and it's agile, fast-moving talent that will ensure we remain on the path to growth. You'll be a good fit if you're self-directed, self-motivated, and you do better work when you're trusted with a healthy amount of freedom and flexibility.
Our brand is built on authenticity and a healthy dose of irreverence, but balanced, at all times, by consistency and discipline. The first two keep us from being boring, while the last two keep us from losing our focus. We know there’s more to life than travel — but at the same time, we recognize that an extraordinary travel experience has the potential to touch just about every aspect of our lives.
Tablet currently operates from offices in four countries: our head office is in New York City at Union Square, and we have representative offices in Paris, London and Tokyo. We are establishing further representation in Mexico City, São Paulo, Italy and Germany.
We currently have openings in the following departments:
No recruiters, please.
We do not work with 3rd parties for placement.
HOTEL SALES & PARTNERSHIPS
SALES MANAGER (EUROPE) - NYC
Tablet thrives on high booking volume and agency commissions. As a Sales Manager you’ll learn the habits and trends of Tablet’s top-producing European markets, build direct relationships with hotel partners, secure the very best rates, and ensure that hotels in your area understand (and utilize) all available sales tools provided by Tablet. While we have team initiatives, an entrepreneurial spirit and an evolving metrics-driven strategy to make your markets/hotels the highest producing on Tablet is a must.
- Secure exclusive pricing from hotels for Last Minute Tablet and 3 weekly sales newsletters
- Promote Tablet’s commission override tool
- Coordinate with your counterpart in Tablet’s distribution team for necessary rate set-up
- Track trends, monitor competition, and fine tune your approach for incremental success
- Periodic travel to markets you manage
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a high-volume sales or related role
- Ability to understand and translate an evolving e-commerce product
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong selling abilities in both large/small settings, as well as over the phone
- Ability to stay focused on weekly individual/team goals and pursue solutions without strong supervision
- Experience in an online travel agency or rapid procurement space
- Experience in luxury/high-end travel a plus
Our developers constantly challenge one another to improve their craft. We mean this seriously. To thrive in our environment you’ll need to be smart, capable and independent, with a hunger for autonomy and for the responsibility that comes with it. We hire developers with great long-term potential and then enable them to achieve it. You’ll spend your days using the flexibility of UNIX to produce simple solutions to complex business problems. The dress code is casual, the floor plan is open, and the upside is unlimited.
Backend Engineer - NYC
As a backend software engineer you will help build our python platform.
- Expertise in any modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Scala, etc.)
- Understanding of Web Services
- Understanding of SOA
Nice to Have:
- Python experience
MOBILE DEVELOPER - NYC
As a mobile developer you will be responsible for the end-to-end development of Tablet's upcoming flagship native iOS application to supplement our web experience.
- Full cycle development including requirements analysis, estimating, contributing to architecture design, implementation, testing and release
- Work with the Tech group to define API requirements between mobile UX's and Tablet's services
- Prototype new ideas, track and explore the latest in mobile technology including standards and trends
- 2-3 years of mobile software design and development experience
- Objective C and frontend technologies
- JSON, AJAX, RESTful and general client-server interactions
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with network based applications and protocol
Product Manager - NYC
We’re looking for a travel savvy Product Manager to help define, guide, and drive Tablet’s product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate on product strategy, prioritize features, coordinate product schedules with engineers, designers, project manager and management
- Inform product decisions with data on user behavior and experimentation; User testing
- Define methods and identify metrics of success/failure
- 5+ years experience building consumer-facing, web-based products
- Strong grasp of technical concepts (can you explain what an API is?)
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Mobile and ecommerce product building experience
- Familiarity with web metrics
ACQUISITION MARKETING MANAGER - NYC
Reporting to the Head of Acquisition, this Manager will oversee direct marketing and customer acquisition tactics across all channels. This person will be driven by business metrics, especially ROI, to deliver traffic, bookings, membership sales, and new customers to Tablet hotels through the successful execution of innovative and robust marketing campaigns.
This position requires the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, translating vision to execution across all channels, including Natural & Paid Search, Meta Search Engines, Display Advertising, Affiliates, Partnerships, and Social Media. This individual will have expertise in direct response and brand marketing, preferably in an eCommerce environment or ad agency, as well as a passion for travel.
- Identify strategic partnerships, new technologies, digital marketing trends, and testing opportunities that help drive the business
- Execute setup and measurement including project management for technical requirements, briefing creative
- Monitor ROI for all campaigns, produce weekly reporting, and optimize to improve performance
- 4+ years’ experience in a direct response marketing role, with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing, brand marketing, & analytics
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Robust quantitative skills– demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving and deliver recommendations
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic
- Excellent presentation, project management, and communication skills
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record